• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • HåkanM
    NCS Medlem
    • november 2005

Röd ciklid "Neon"

Nu finns "Röd Ciklid "Neon" Hemichromis cf"" på akvarietekniks lagerlista.
    Är det någon som vet något om denna ??, är det en odlingsform eller en
    naturlig variant??. Och hur ser den ut?.
  • Gabbi
    Användare
    • april 2002

Är den månne lik den berömda Rasbora sp. "crap"?
    www.akvarielagret.se/akvarieboken

Kommentar

• HåkanM
      NCS Medlem
      • november 2005

Jag har läst på en sida om hemichromis ( minns inte vilken) att det finns en variant med namnet "neon", fanns dock ingen bild och någon beskrivning

Kommentar

• Ola Sjödin
        Användare
        • augusti 2003

På denna länk kan man läsa detta:

Name: Hemichromis X 'Neon'
        Origin: Does not exist in the wild
        Maximum size: 12cm
        Distinguishing Features: The Neon Jewel cichlid or Neon head Jewel is a difficult fish to source information on. From what little information I have gathered it would appear that the Neon Jewel represents a inter-species hybrid, although it's parentage remains uncertain. If anyone has any information on the species used in this hybrid, please mail me. The Neon Jewel is a spectacular fish, however, I must try and encourage people not to keep this fish in place of geniune species of jewel cichlid. In Australia in particular it is important to try and promote the keeping of pure species lines, as the import of Hemichromines from German or as wild caught specimens from West Africa is prohibited. If you are truly interested in keeping a spectacular species why not consider Hemichromis lifalili or Hemichromis paynei? The Neon Jewel cichlid seems to have been accepted by many cichlidophiles as more acceptable than fish like the blood parrot. Although the fish bears none of the gross deformities of the blood parrot, it does represent a hybrid species and in a way I believe this fish poses a greater risk to the variety of species available to the hobby than the aforementioned blood parrot. The blood parrot is easily recognisable as a deformed hybrid species and the risk re-intergration to pure cichlid lines by accident is next to zero. Poor quality 'Neon' hemichromines, however, may be easily mistaken for other species and be interbred with pure species by the well meaning cichlid keeper. Therefore, the keeping of the 'Neon' X hemichromine must be discouraged by the responsible aquarist who wishes to see pure strains of Hemichromines available in Australia in the near future.

Kommentar

• HåkanM
          NCS Medlem
          • november 2005

Man blir ju lite extra nyfiken, kul om någon på forumet som sett denna i verkligheten kunde beskriva denna. Annars får man väl köpa ettt gäng
          ( även om platsbrist råder.....)

Kommentar

Arbetssätt...