X

• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg

• riktlinjer
    svarade
    Ursprungligen postat av bakelmion

So I have a 20 gallon that is well established with algae and everything. I am starting a new aquarium and want to do so, to reduce the cycling time. I first move a decoration, then a sponge from my filter. So I have 2 questions. When I move media (decoration or sponge) can I simply move it quickly, or do I have to ke ep it immersed all the time? Basically, I have read to keep it immersed, but my thoughts are apart. It will be out of water for maybe 20 seconds as you move from one tank to the other. So I have to pack it under water, or can I just pull it out and transport it to the new tank, out of the water? When you transfer the old sponge, it is smaller than the new one, as it goes from and AquaClear 30 to a 50. So what would be the best way to apply it in the new tank? Should I just run the "undersized" sponge instead of the new one? With the AquaClear design, I assume that water would just go around the sponge, as it is too small for the new filter, which seems less effective. Alternatively, should I leave the old sponge in a mesh bag in a corner of the new tank? All other suggestions are appreciated. This is the first time I sow, so thank you very much! https://19216811.cam/

issue got solved!!

You can lift the parts out of the water and move them, but don't keep them in the air for longer duration. A minute or two is no problem.

Even better is if you start your new filter in the old aquarium for a week or two, and then move the filter.

Lämna en kommentar:

• bakelmion
    svarade

So I have a 20 gallon that is well established with algae and everything. I am starting a new aquarium and want to do so, to reduce the cycling time. I first move a decoration, then a sponge from my filter. So I have 2 questions. When I move media (decoration or sponge) can I simply move it quickly, or do I have to ke ep it immersed all the time? Basically, I have read to keep it immersed, but my thoughts are apart. It will be out of water for maybe 20 seconds as you move from one tank to the other. So I have to pack it under water, or can I just pull it out and transport it to the new tank, out of the water? When you transfer the old sponge, it is smaller than the new one, as it goes from and AquaClear 30 to a 50. So what would be the best way to apply it in the new tank? Should I just run the "undersized" sponge instead of the new one? With the AquaClear design, I assume that water would just go around the sponge, as it is too small for the new filter, which seems less effective. Alternatively, should I leave the old sponge in a mesh bag in a corner of the new tank? All other suggestions are appreciated. This is the first time I sow, so thank you very much! https://19216811.cam/

issue got solved!!

Lämna en kommentar:

• bakelmion
    startade ett ämne Fråga om sådd av ett nytt akvarium.

Fråga om sådd av ett nytt akvarium.

Så jag har en 20 gallon som är väl etablerad med alger och allt. Jag startar ett nytt akvarium och vill så det, för att minska cykeltiden. Jag flyttar först en dekoration, sedan en svamp från mitt filter. Så jag har 2 frågor. När jag flyttar media (dekoration eller svamp) kan jag helt enkelt flytta det snabbt, eller måste jag hålla det nedsänkt hela tiden? I grund och botten har jag läst för att hålla den nedsänkt, men mina tankar är från varandra. Det kommer att vara ur vatten i kanske 20 sekunder när du flyttar från en tank till den andra. Så måste jag packa den under vatten, eller kan jag bara dra ut den och transportera den till den nya tanken, ur vattnet? När du överför den gamla svampen är den mindre än den nya, eftersom den går från och AquaClear 30 till en 50. Så vad skulle vara det bästa sättet att applicera den i den nya tanken? Ska jag bara köra den ”underdimensionerade” svampen istället för den nya? Med AquaClear -designen antar jag att vatten bara skulle gå runt svampen, eftersom det är för litet för det nya filtret, vilket verkar mindre effektivt. Alternativt, ska jag lämna den gamla svampen i en nätpåse i ett hörn av den nya tanken? Alla andra förslag uppskattas. Det här är första gången jag sår, så tack så mycket!
Arbetssätt...