• Tid
  • Show
Rensa alla
nya inlägg
  • Aquamojo
    Användare
    • april 2007

Today In The Fishroom~7/04/11 Zonatum & Coats

This is the largest of three of these beautiful F0 Paratheraps "coatzacoalcos" males. All have a breeding mate. In all instances the blue is much more striking in the males. And in all cases the male has grown substantially larger than the female of the same age.

Caught him taking a quick stage left exit. I love getting shots like this that are much better than a static side shot.

Here's a close up of the males face. I used a 105mm macro and basically snuck up to get the shot you see here from about 12 inches.

As I looked at the image in photoshop I saw what I thought was digital "noise"...caused normally when you shoot at a very high ISO or try and pull detail out of shadows or highlights. The image was captured at f32 at an ISO of 100...utilizing two SB-900 flash units on top and one on the bottom...PLUS the camera flash. Not a set up conducive to "noise". If you zoom in close you can see that what appears to noise is simple the spot pattern that give the fish color.

Anyone tired of this one yet? Paratheraps zonatus...he's just SO easy to photograph.

Not happy...and turning to smack the glass.

• DaRe
    NCS Medlem
    • september 2009

Wow, those pictures are just amazing.
    Klart du ska vara medlem! Vi har ett växande medlemsantal och kommande år är jubileumsår, vi firar det väldigt gärna tillsammans med dig!

///David
    Ordförande Nordiska Ciklidsällskapet

Kommentar

• Ola Svensson
      Användare
      • april 2002

Ursprungligen postat av Aquamojo
      As I looked at the image in photoshop I saw what I thought was digital "noise"...caused normally when you shoot at a very high ISO or try and pull detail out of shadows or highlights. The image was captured at f32 at an ISO of 100...utilizing two SB-900 flash units on top and one on the bottom...PLUS the camera flash. Not a set up conducive to "noise". If you zoom in close you can see that what appears to noise is simple the spot pattern that give the fish color.

That is really cool!
      Med vänliga hälsningar

Ola

Kommentar

• HåE
        Användare
        • september 2007

Awesome shots! That Paratheraps "coatzacoalcos" is absolutely stunning.
        När man är ute på djupt vatten är det klokt att hålla munnen stängd.

Kommentar

• Rivulatus
          Användare
          • december 2002

Your skill at photografing is really good. Thanks for showing these cichlids in their true light and keeping up the stoke!

Btw. we should fly you over for our next year meeting at NCS, just my opinion
          SA:

Geophagus brasiliensis "Rio Sao Fransisco"
          Caquetaia myersi "Rio Ortequaza"

Kommentar

• Aquamojo
            Användare
            • april 2007

Ursprungligen postat av Rivulatus
            Your skill at photografing is really good. Thanks for showing these cichlids in their true light and keeping up the stoke!

Btw. we should fly you over for our next year meeting at NCS, just my opinion
            Thank you. That would be awesome. I would love to visit. I have a prepared talk called..."Today in the Fishroom" where I show photos and videos that I have produced. I talk about the species and also the photography technique.

Mo

Kommentar

Arbetssätt...